Home Safety Assessment
Enjoy peace of mind knowing your loved ones are safe
Have you ever worried about leaving your mom or dad at home alone? Stay At Home Nursing helps relieve your stress with an in home safety assessment which identifies home safety concerns that may be a danger for your loved ones. Provide them the necessary protection they deserve and require.
Our assessment looks for key details that can identify and determine proper actions that need to be implemented for increased safety in the home. These actions include but are not limited to; bathroom and bedroom safety, easy accessibility, tripping hazards, outdoor areas and additional concerns.
Contact us to book your home safety assessment today and let us help your loved ones keep and maintain their independent living.
- Eliminate Unforeseen Injury With Our In-home Safety Assessment
- Thorough Analysis Of Safety Concerns For Seniors
- Identify Key Dangers And Find Actionable Solutions That Keep You Safe
Caregivers are trained and bonded, with full background checks. We can help with any activities of daily living, personal care, or meal prep that is needed to help mom and dad remain in their own home.
On completion of our in-home safety assessment, our compassionate caregivers will determine how best to apply, address and implement your home safety needs. Restore self confidence at home and reduce concerns by allowing us to assist you. With our home safety assessment, we help you achieve your comfortable lifestyle while maintaining a safe living environment. Contact us now and enjoy peace of mind with our home safety evaluation.
Hamilton and Niagara Region Home Safety Evaluation
What do we require to make a complete safety assessment?
After contacting us through our online form or by phone, we will select a convenient time for which one of our representatives will come to your home and complete our safety evaluation. During this time we will need access to your indoor and outdoor areas to best determine areas of concern, and help you gain a comprehensive understanding of the requirements that need to be implemented. Afterwards we’ll provide a report with our recommendations as well as references to resources that can help implement necessary requirements.
Home Safety Evaluation Checklist
Concerns identified during in-home safety assessment
- Loose or unsecured stair railings
- Tripping hazards such as cords, clutter, rugs
- Bed/furniture accessibility too high or too low
- Poor lighting inside and out
- Obstructions that prohibit movement
- Slippery floors
- Working fire and carbon monoxide detectors
- Improperly stored medication
Examples of safety recommendations provided
- Non-slip bath mats
- Adding grab bars around your bath and toilet
- Doormats that absorb water
- Adding non-slip mats under rugs
- Removal of excess furniture
- Proper support from furniture
- Adding an automatic chair lift
- Replacing knobs and faucet handles with levers
- Rerouting power cords that present a tripping hazard
Safety tips for living at home
- Easy access to your home phone
- A video doorbell or door peephole
- Motion detecting lights
- A home security system
- A list of emergency phone numbers
- Making items more accessible in closets and cupboards
- Using a waterproof chair in the shower
- Creating an emergency plan
Get Your Home Safety Evaluation Today!
Stay At Home Nursing keeps your family safe
Is the safety of your loved ones keeping you up at night? Why worry when you can be proactive now with our comprehensive in-home safety checkup. Allow our qualified staff to eliminate and reduce the potential dangers that are heavy on your mind. Protect the ones that protected you by allowing us to help in your time of need, because nothing is more precious than showing that you care. Get in touch with us today and give yourself some peace of mind.